Fire Damage and Disaster
Fire disasters can strike quickly and are never expected. Fire-related damage can be the most devastating, both to your home and to your family’s peace of mind. By restoring your home and correcting the damage as soon as possible, you speed recovery time and turn a disaster into nothing more than a memory.
The restoration professionals at ServiceMaster Advantage, located in Lafayette, Merillville, and Kokomo Indiana, respond swiftly with expert service you can trust. We’ll restore your home and your life, returning all damage to normality quickly. We’ll communicate with you throughout the restoration process, and you’ll feel better knowing the job was done right.
Fire and smoke damage are the most visible and can cause ongoing degeneration if not repaired quickly. At ServiceMaster Advantage, your goals are our goals: restore your home and return you to normal life as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our technicians are licensed and insured, and trained to communicate with you at every step of the restoration process.
Kitchen Fire Damage
Cooking accidents are the number one cause of fires for both commercial and residential buildings. Grease fires, oven residue, unwatched food or poorly placed flammable items can quickly lead to catastrophe. ServiceMaster Advantage is trained and equipped to handle the specialized cleaning process to avoid future problems from leftover soot.
House Fire Damage
Devastating headlines reveal homes lost to numerous fire hazards. Outdoor grills, candles, cigarettes, and chimney debris are a few of the dangers. Holiday headlines tell of turkey fryers and Christmas tree disasters! ServiceMaster Advantage restores your home – and your joy. We stabilize your structure, boarding and tarping your home to protect it. Our skilled and compassionate team cleans up furniture, clothes, and other possessions at our facility while cleaning up the soot from yours. We work with you and your insurance agent, providing temporary housing needs. With the help of trusted reconstruction resources, you return to a beautiful, safe home.
Electrical Fire Damage
Electrical fires can start when no one is around, causing devastating destruction. Old or defective DIY wiring, faulty circuit boxes, lint-filled dryers, and malfunctioning appliances can cause fires when no one is looking. ServiceMaster Advantage’s specialty squads restore your structure to better than new with skilled cleaners and specialized materials.
Our services include:
Fire and Smoke Restoration
Complete Building and Contents Cleaning
Carpet, Rug and Upholstery Cleaning
HVAC Duct Cleaning
Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
Electronic Equipment Restoration
Data and Document Recovery
Safety and Compliance
Pack out and inventory service
Restoration dry cleaning and laundry
*Some services may be subcontracted
Fire Damage FAQ
Fire and smoke damage are highly visible, emotionally jarring catastrophes. Fire strikes indiscriminately and can destroy individual possessions and irreplaceable items of great personal value in the blink of an eye. You can prevent this! Read the questions and answers below to help reduce or prevent damage caused by fire and smoke in your home:
How can I prevent fires in my kitchen?
- There are 5 basic safety rules you must remember while cooking in the kitchen:
- Keep pot handles turned inward, away from the edge of the stove.
- Don’t wear long sleeves while cooking. Long loose sleeves, hanging over the stove are likely to catch fire.
- Supervise the oven or gas when baking. Make sure to turn them off when not needed.
- Do not keep fabrics such as towels, near a gas or electric range.
- Safely store flammable liquids such as gasoline and cleaning fluids away from any fire or heat sources.
Is it safe to store a lawn mower or a snow blower in the basement?
No. Flammable liquids may release dangerous vapors that may ignite and start a fire.
Fire and Smoke Damage Tips
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not use computers, appliances, TVs, VCRs or stereos until they have been cleaned and tested by a ServiceMaster Advantage restoration specialist.
- Do not launder clothes or dry clean garments that have a strong smoke odor. Improper cleaning may set smoke or odors.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked! They could malfunction.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue problem.
Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic and when burned, it can create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable. ServiceMaster Advantage restoration technicians are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. We can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
ServiceMaster Advantage Restores Your Comfort
Schedule an appointment with our professional restoration team today.